
In our house, kids get birthday parties every three years. This is because a) we have four kids ya'll...how many parties do you think I can throw?? b) I have a genetic defect which makes it nearly impossible to throw a "low key/low energy" party, so if they are going to get a party, it will be a pretty good one.
Everything went according to plan until I found out I'd be 8 months pregnant when Matthew was due for his first big party, the big #4. Yeah, nice planning, Mom.
I tried to scheme ways to "have my cake and eat it, too", but in the end, we decided to throw Matthew a really low-key (stretching my genetic capabilities) party and give him a good one for his #5.
And the series finale of Lost was around this time, and since so many of my friends are Losties, we just had a dual purpose party. Lots of pizza and Costco cake (see, no cooking!), and put the kiddos to sleep upstairs while we cried our way through the Lost finale.
It was lots of fun, and I don't think Matthew felt it was "cut down" at all. And thanks to Pixar, we now have about 100 versions of Buzz Lightyear in our house...and the kids couldn't' be happier.
And now for our Lost finale party.
We have the Marshall, or is it Sawyer?, taking down a handcuffed Kate with a pistol.
And Mike and Micha didn't dress up (but really, do you have to when you have Jacob?), but they did bring their Rose and Bernard boarding passes.
1 comment:
Happy Late Birthday Matthew. I cannot believe how big all the kids are getting. Gosh time is flying by. I cannot wait to see pictures of the new bundle of joy when he gets here.
Cathy
Post a Comment