Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

Memorial Day generally is a lousy holiday in the Pacific NW and this year did not disappoint. This Monday morning we woke up to the familiar sound of rain drops and faced an incredible dilemma.

We can't stay in the house, or Mom will literally lose her mind. We can't go very far because we have to stay within range of the hospital. We can't go very many local destinations that will be overpriced or overcrowded. We can't go anywhere that will require much walking cause I just don't do that waddle over long distances...you get the picture.

My husband brilliantly suggested that we drive down to Mt. Rainier, and stop by his cousin's nail shop in Sumner to get me a pedicure. (See, I told you he was smart.)

We didn't make it all the way to Mt. Rainier as we couldn't see the darn thing through all the rain, but we did stop at Buck Creek and took a few photos on a little hike.


On the way back, we found out the nail salon had closed for the holiday, so I still need to get that pedicure.




I'm so excited that we got not one, but two decent pictures of Caleb. He is SO hard to photograph.






2 comments:

LMac said...

Just checkin' in. You look so beautiful, Dana. We're praying for you.

Laura MacMurchie

Auntie Lan said...

I LOVE CALEB'S OPTIMUS PRIME T-SHIRT!!! WAY TO GO MOM FOR AWESOME TASTE IN CLOTHES!!